Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.

Friday, May 15, 2009

We got our PA! ( Pre approval from CHiNA!



A (PA) is significant in the adoption process. This is when China has reviewed our file and approved us to adopt the specific child we requested (pending we follow through with certain conditions). For me this step also means it is ok for us to begin connecting emotionally with our daughter. Going through this process is so unnatural. No woman picks the face of their child when she is pregnant. As a mother you love what you have created. In adoption, I am finding that I want so badly to emotionally connect, but I am afraid to give my entire heart because I don't want to get hurt if something goes wrong. This (PA) validates our paperwork, and says to me that it's ok to love her now...she is ours... the agency agrees and China agrees. Now our adoption starts to become real...we can also post her picture and give some details. Introducing our daughter Faith Hengsi Brown. We have already become attached to her, and are overjoyed every time we see her pictures. We know you'll fall in love with her too...you just can't help it, she is beautiful! I apologize to my close friends, I have already printed her pictures and carry them in my purse, and no doubt if you sit next to me during a sporting event, or other event, I will bring them out time and time again to talk about her. So be patient :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness ~ we sound so much alike!! I have a photo album of Gabriella's pictures I carry with me and it's not just at the kids sporting events I show her picture to everyone! I can be at Kohl's purchasing an outfit for her and I'm taking my pictures out to show the sales clerk ~ Curtis just looks at me and smiles and says "it's just begining":)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been watching your progress and are so very happy for you and your family! We are in the process of waiting for our I-800a right now and hope it gets approved soon. We are adopting our son from Inner Mongolia and have been often looking at your progress as a guide. All the best and hope to hear about your journey.

    Congrats and good luck!

    Paul and Linda
    ourlittlechinaboy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete