Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Check I-800 off the list!

We got news that our I-800 petition to classify Faith as an immediate family member was approved. The next step is called
article 5

Before Your Child Immigrates to the United States

If the child you adopted or intend to adopt in the United States is residing abroad, the child will need an immigrant visa to enter the United States. Visas are issued by the U.S. Department of State (DOS) at the Embassy or Consulate in the foreign country where your child resides.

The type of visa your child is issued will determine what steps you will need to take for the child to acquire U.S. citizenship.

Visa types for Hague Adoptions
IH-3 visa: Issued for children with full and final adoptions from a Hague Convention country