Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Check I-800 off the list!

We got news that our I-800 petition to classify Faith as an immediate family member was approved. The next step is called
article 5

Before Your Child Immigrates to the United States


If the child you adopted or intend to adopt in the United States is residing abroad, the child will need an immigrant visa to enter the United States. Visas are issued by the U.S. Department of State (DOS) at the Embassy or Consulate in the foreign country where your child resides.

The type of visa your child is issued will determine what steps you will need to take for the child to acquire U.S. citizenship.


Visas
Visa types for Hague Adoptions
IH-3 visa: Issued for children with full and final adoptions from a Hague Convention country

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! on having this step behind you now. Faith is now one step closer to being apart of your clan.
    BTW Thanks so much for following our blog and leaving me comments. They are always so sweet and I love the encouragement. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! One more step down! I'm praying the rest come quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep thinking you are going to post your travel date any day now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome!! I think this part of the wait is really the most exciting because every few weeks, something else moves along. I just got your comment on my blog and I wanted to tell you that our dates were just dates that the CCAA gave us-- entirely possible for you too :) So exciting!!
    Be blessed,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like we are on the same timeline! Congrats to you!!!

    ReplyDelete