Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Seriously time for TA...

Ok, so my TA must be close because I am having the worst two weeks ever. I deserve that good news!

It all started two Sunday's ago, when I was driving down to church for an early morning meeting. I was pulled over by a cop. ( and not for speeding which is a first) it seems my tail light was out, but my break lights were fine. It would be just a warning once I showed him my driver's license. Well, when I left the house I grabbed my scripture bag and not my purse ; so no license. Then he asked for my registration, wouldn't you know it, we didn't sign them. Finally he asked for proof of insurance. ( I know I put that in the glove box) Couldn't find it. At this point I just laughed and said, " Well officer I am 0 for 4 this morning you hit the jackpot." He told me each infraction would be a $125.00 ticket, totaling $500.00. He went and looked up my license, and I was sure this was one of those trials everyone talks about when adopting. I knew there would be opposition, and I was ready for it. He came back to the car and told me he was only giving me a warning...I have never had a warning in my life, I always get the ticket. I almost kissed the fella. Still it rattled me that I was so unprepared, and I am sure my kids lost my insurance card while digging through the glove box for a tissue or a dvd.

Then we had Thanksgiving...I have a slight herniated disk in my back and it decided that was the day it wanted to bother me. When the back hurts, my happiness starts to fade quickly. I mustered through the long weekend, only to find myself in bed again the next Sunday morning exhausted, and with a great excuse to miss church. I knew Heavenly Father would bless me if I made the effort, so I got ready for church, and sat through 3 hours of church in great pain.

Monday I got news from my son who is serving a mission for our church, that they no longer can eat out with other families for dinners, due to a wheat allergy his commpanion has. Without nightly dinners, my son will struggle financially, as they only have a small budget monthly for food. He will have to cook every meal for himself now. While I understand, it is worrysome because he is diabetic, and needs a variety of good food and nutrients to sustain his health.

By Wednesday my back slowly started to feel better. That is when Thursday decided to stress me out.

Thursday evening I was throwing a baby shower for my employer's daughter. I was very nervous and wanted it to be perfect. I woke up early, began my daily routine of exercise and scripture reading with the kids, then went outside to start the car for my morning car pool...the car was frozen over, this would cause us to run a little late, I quickly scraped the windows, and jumped into the car. My first obstacle was the school bus, it beat me to the corner and had it's red lights blairing so I had to stop. Once all the children boarded, I zumed around the corner, and was coming to a stop for my first pick up, when I hit their parked car. I called and explained the situation, and they were very sweet about the incidend, but still we have an unexpected financial burden now during Christmas and the adoption. I came home and just felt so stupid. My husband was so sweet about it also. That night the baby shower was a success, and I was emotionally,physically and financially drained.

We were also hoping for TA this week. Others have been getting their travel approval with our same timelines, and ours didn't come. I was dreading church this Sunday because I knew everyone would ask, and I would have no answer...again.

Saturday one of my close friends, whom my husband baptised sent me an email that she no longer wanted to come to church with us... I feel so sad, and confused... I just cried. Having that sisterhood in the gospel is a real connection, and I was just heartbroken.

So...here I sit on Sunday afternoon, worried and wondering what other trials await before we finally will get to travel for our daughter.

6 comments:

  1. We faced obstacles too. It will just show you when you loo back on it, JUST how great our God is. My husband also had several herniated disk RIGHT before travel. The doctor recommended that he did not travel to CHina. He said he would never be able to make the flight over. It hurt him so bad to sit, he couldn't even make it through service. We prayed and prayed, and a few days before travel he was healed...Completely. The Dr. said he had never seen anything like it. The devil gets at you when you are doing Gods work, but God will prevail. This is just ONE situation that we were in there are numerous one, that all worked themselves out. Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really do deserve a TA soon! I hope you see some answers to prayers this week. People keep telling me it will all happen in Heavenly Fathers time. And I know that. I do. I truly believe it. BUT it doesn't make it any easier. Every day just seems to get harder.

    I have also had a herniated disc. Actually, I finally ended up having surgery on it about 2 months ago. The pain is NOT fun. It makes doing the most basic things hard. I hope you get feeling better and I hope you have happy news to report this week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, after that kind of past few weeks - you certainly deserve some good news! I sure hope your TA comes SOON! Hope your back is better and life calms down for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be praying for your TA right along with ours!! The wait is SOOO hard and I know exactly what you're saying about not wanting to go places because people will ask.... You're absolutely right about expecting opposition - and at least you know this and know the source to turn to. Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry. All I can offer you is this: the Lord is Good and your daughter will come home. I'll be praying that your pain goes away and stays away (I know I get more pain when I am stressed out and you certainly have a LOT to be stressed about right now!!) and that good news will come your quickly. Like, tomorrow :)
    Be blessed,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm sorry about the rough week. Waiting for TA is torture enough without all the trials. I'm sure your TA will come through soon. Hang in there! Once you hold Faith in your arms it will make the wait worthwhile you'll be able to see His plan unfold for you, Faith and your family. Hoping and praying that this is the storm before the rainbow. Take care,
    Jennie

    ReplyDelete