Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

God moves Mountains...

I came across this video in the blogger world, it talks about the journey of adoption and the artists' inspiration for his song. Many, including us; that are blessed to adopt are not blessed with unlimited resources. We just have faith that it will all work out and begin the process not knowing how it will all come together. We take it a step at a time. I feel that adopting a child is a calling from Heavenly Father. I can say with every conviction of my heart that we knew without a doubt that we were suppose to have another child through adoption. 

How can I be so sure?  This is how it works for me.  When I get a prompting from the Holy Ghost , it begins as a thought at first, then it grows into a constant thought, and finally that thought is all consuming until I pray and act.  These promptings are how I and my husband live our lives. We have moved, accepted or not accepted jobs, gone to school, quit jobs, bought homes, had children, adopted, etc.etc.etc. all by the simple act of a prompting, praying/fasting then acting.   I am so grateful for the gospel and the knowledge that we can pray and receive personal inspiration regarding choices we make for ourselves and our family. 

We have been blessed beyond measure when we chose to listen to the still small voice of the Holy Ghost.  The more you exercise your faith the easier it is to discern between a prompting from Heavenly Father and just a thought.   Our adoption was definitely one of the biggest leaps of faith we have ever made, and also one of the most rewarding.  When you have an open heart, Heavenly Father can work miracles!  So if you have had the thought to adopt and it keeps coming back, go ahead pray and fast...you too will be blessed beyond measure! 


One Less by Matthew West (The Story Behind The Song) from emicmg on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh you are giving me goose bumps!!! What you are saying is sooooo very true!!! When God calls a person to do something, and it is indeed a true calling from Him, He makes sure all the pieces come together including the finacial part:) As time goes on I'm learning...when I know it's a calling from God that I need to follow what He has asked me/us to do...and not once have I ever been disappointed...only blessed beyond measure:) Thanks for an awesome post!!!

    ReplyDelete