Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Miracles do happen...

We are getting ready now to meet our daughter this morning.  It is a miracle we are in her province.  Beijing had the largest snow storm in 30 years yesterday and we sat at the airport for 12 hours hoping to make a flight.  Only seven of 500 flights made it out of Beijing.  We were one of them.  We arrived at our hotel at 2 am this morning.  Very tired,  but soooo grateful.  Thank you for the prayers they are felt!  We were with 3 other adopting families and they all had their flights cancelled and are going to have to deal with not meeting their children this morning.  Our hearts and prays go out to them. 
 
Also...we are looking for our camera, it got misplaced in all the travel efforts.   I will write more later on that day...just so glad it's in the past.
 
Love to all!
Dawn

7 comments:

  1. Gosh, it sounds like quite the day. I am grateful you are in Hunam and proceeding with your journey. It is sad about the other couples and I can imagine the dismay they must be feeling. I love you guys and will continue praying for you and Jeff and Faith. The children are at Teahea's (sp) house now eating dinner after going to church. Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you made it...I read about the snow storm on another blog...a family traveling in China also. Can't remember their name but they picked up their son and seem to be about a week ahead of your schedule. Hope you find your camera...and best wishes meeting Faith today! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read on RQ that some people are stuck in Beijing and I was worried about you guys. So glad to hear that you made it out! So happy that you will get to meet Faith soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHERE is that camera????? I am dying here...I hope little Faith is in your arms!!! I cannot wait to hear all the details!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! What an adventure! Glad that you are safe and ready for your daughter now. Sure hope you find A camera so you can post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an exciting day! Can't wait to see your sweet girl in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is amazing how many miracles you witness in an adoption. So glad to hear that you made it and I can't wait to hear about your first day with Faith. And pictures! I hope you find your camera soon!

    ReplyDelete