Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Gotcha Day is here!

Shhh…the baby is sleeping .  Our little peanut loves the computer and we can’t type a word with her awake or in the room… So our entries might get short.  Hello!  We are uploading pictures as I type.  We found our camera!  Which is a great thing because it had our video camera, the battery charger for our small camera and our nice camera all in it.  That would have been 3 cameras lost.  We left it in our driver’s van last night when  we arrived at our hotel at 2 am.  I didn’t sleep a wink last night…not because of nerves for gotcha day…but because I was so worried I wouldn’t have a camera to capture this big part of all our lives.

 

This morning I gave up on sleep and woke Jeff up at 6 am and we started organizing the backpack we gave her and got our room child proof.  After that we ate breakfast and waited for our guide.

 

Our guide picked us up at 10 am…we then received our camera back ( Jumping for joy over that!) we traveled by van to the Central Adoption Bureau which is about a 15 minute drive from our hotel …a 5 star beautiful hotel called the Dolton in Changsha if you want to look it up.   We will be here 5 days waiting for her passport and finalizing the adoption.

 

When we arrived at the CAB we took a few pictures before we entered.  As we were walking into the room where we meet her, we saw her peek around the corner…what a moment!  She is just beautiful!  I was also relieve that she was the same girl  as in all the pictures we have J  She was shy at first, but we saw that she had received the pillow we made with our family picture on it, and she would point to Jeff and I and say “ma ma” “ba ba”  she definitely recognized us.  There were no tears, or screams, she was just joyful and happy.  She is a delight!!!!!   

 

We brought her back to the hotel and just played with her for hours.  We got giggles, smiles and she even teases us.  We looked at many pictures of her in the orphanage and of our family.  We were also able to Skype the kids at home and they met their little sister.  We are all in love !   She has started repeating some things we tell her,  the first thing she repeated was  “ba ba…shi shi”  which means daddy thank you.  Jeff at one point said “she just melts my heart.” 

 

We accomplished some major bonding today.  We noticed she would spill a little water out of her sippy cup and splash us with it,  so we showed her the water in the bathtub,  she loved it and we were able to give her the first bath today which lasted about an hour.  She ended up  splashing both Jeff and I and and dumping cups of water all over the floor,  but it was fun !

 

She also bumped her mouth on a chair, and came to me for comfort.  She fell asleep in my arms then woke up as happy as can be.  Some of the other English words she repeated today were, baby and Dallin.  She cleans up after herself and feeds herself very well.  She also fed me and Jeff all day long.  We have some adorable pictures. 

 

There is so much more,  we just don’t have time now.  I will post the pics!

 

Dawn J  

11 comments:

  1. Oh Dawn and Jeff...I have been checking all morning to hear this WONDERFUL news!!!! God has given you your own jewel! We are definitely given the daughter perfect for our families!!! She sounds so darling and I am so glad you had a "happy" meeting! I had a feeling they would have prepared here well to meet you (Thank you Kyla!)...OK NOW I am going crazy waiting for pics!!!! I loved the bath story...reminded me of ours...enjoy EVERY moment learning and enjoying your new DAUGHTER :)
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and welcome to my world with Faith and the computer!!! Lucy can type, attatch a picture and send her own emails...make comments on others blogs...I am not kidding....I have a feeling your little Beauty will be doing the same....oh the things Lucy and Faith will have to chat about!!! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are just the right words, she melts my heart. Love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so precious, I loved every single picture of her and you meeting for the first time. I am so happy and am looking forward to meeting her too.
    Much love,
    MOM/Grandma S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I'm glad I logged on here too. I'm so happy to hear how well she is doing with you, not that I ever had a doubt that she would love you both. I wish I could hug you through the computer, so here you go BIG HUG! Kiss Faith and Jeff too from us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy that you have your daughter! Congratulations!
    Staci Barrus

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a special day. She seems so sweet and I love how they had her all dressed up to meet you...and saved her stuff (maybe a pillow) so she would know you. I think that all those extra things are so meaningful.

    A big CONGRATS from the other Browns!

    Love
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing this with us. It is almost like being there seeing your first meeting! The picture with her napping with you at the hotel is so precious! Congratulations! Love ya- Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  9. How amazing! We are so happy for you guys. It's so crazy to have such joy for people whom you've never met. We look forward to seeing more pics and hearing more about your new addition!

    Cheers,
    Paul and Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so very happy for you----and grateful that you are sharing your experience with us. Should have known to to have the kleenex close by!!
    Love,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete