Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

A sick little girl...but still so dang cute! (Gwuy)

It's been a rough few days. Faith had a cough and fever with a sore throat in China when we meet her. We immediately began her on an antibiotic we brought with us from home. Her throat hurt so badly she wouldn't even make a sound. She quickly responded to the medicine we gave her and by her medical appointment in China she just has a small cough but no fever. We were hoping that would be the end of her fevers.
Unfortunately Sunday afternoon she developed a fever of 104 and it continued for three days until we could get her into our pediatrician. We were able to manage it with Motrin and Tylenol, but she was miserable and not sleeping well. The doctor did a few tests and believes her fever is being caused by an infection in her lungs. We have been given a nebulizer and are treating her 3 times a day for 7 days with Albuterol and she had also been given Zithromicine. She is a little trouper and takes the treatments very well. She also loves her bed. She actually slept in it last night. (However I didn't sleep at all because I kept worrying she would fall out of it and I checked in on her every hour.)


022



025029031
027

11 comments:

  1. Poor baby; I am happy she likes her new bed though. It is too bad you could not sleep though. I sure hope this medication works. Apparently she has a history of immune problems and hopefully the pediatrician can figure out what is wrong. She is so cute.
    Love to all,
    MOM/Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been doing the Nebulizer/Albuterol treatments for our son for ten years now. We go into the Dr. next week for a refill so we can take it to China with us. We never leave home without it.
    Hope Miss Faith feels better soon. I don't know how she couldn't in that happy bedroom she's set up in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor kiddo! It's so sad to watch your kids suffer. I hope she feels better soon. By the way, the photo of her with the pink purse is ADORABLE! :)
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad! I hate when little kids are sick. I hope she feels better soon. I love looking at her pictures, she is just soooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope she feels better soon. It is so nice to see pictures of Faith at home with all of you. And I love the pink purse pic too! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Faith is so cute!!! I'm sorry that she isn't feeling well. Poor girl! Hoping that everyone can finally get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry she is feeling so bad. Praying for health! But she still looks so cute!
    Blessings, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. The poor little thing! I hope Faith is feeling better soon. We do breathing treatments here too so these pictures look very familiar!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dawn! We are just coming out of the daze of the crazy long trip home with Lexi. No one slept here last night and Lexi had a fever too! Hoping to get back on track soon!
    I couldn't view your blog while in China! I wish we could have been there at the same time.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, poor thing. I hope she gets over this infection fast! She looks like she is right at home and adjusting well! Dawn, have you ever thought about getting those bed railings. I used those on my kids beds for a long time and it will ease your mind that she won't fall out. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. i wish i looked as good as her when i'm sick.
    :]

    ReplyDelete