Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Time to fess up...Faith is sick again :(

*****Update...no MRI for Faith this Friday, we will try again Friday February 26th... thanks for the thoughtful words of encouragement :)
Well the last post was so great, I didn't want to update...Faith's chest infection is back and it's nasty. We realized quite quickly after the antibiotics ran their course this infection might not be that easy to deal with because within a few days her cough was back. I called the nurse and she advised me to wait another week, but my mommy instincts kicked in and the next day I made another appointment. We have been to see the doctor now 5 times in two weeks. The doctor confirmed that her chest infection was back , and said they would have to cancel her MRI if we couldn't get it cleared up. So she is now on day 5 of Augmentin, and it's a 20 day treatment. Also, we have the nebulizer again and are doing three treatments a day for two weeks. Insomnia is a side effect, and we are just loving it here at the Brown house. Faith could be the star of our circus right now because of how hyped up she is on meds.

Another medical concern came up at our last appointment, and that is her history combined with how sick she has been here at home. Since we have had her she has been on antibiotics 15 out of 30 days. Which means when she is done with this round it will be 30 out of 45 days. That is not a good sign. We are really hoping she responds to this round of meds, it really is about as aggressive as you can get with treatment, before they start testing for other diagnosis's. Our main concern is Cystic Fibrosis. We have read up a little on the disease, and feel so sad for people who suffer with it. It is completely hereditary, and very unlikely because it is rare in Asians, but our doctor said we will have to do the test, which is done with sweat, if after this round she begins to decline again.

So, that is where we are at. The MRI is the last thing on our mind right now, and the chest infection has nothing to do with her original diagnosis. I will know tomorrow if she is well enough to have the MRI on Friday.

She is still very good natured despite her infection and I have a few new pictures of her, because I just can't stop taking them! I think she is the most beautiful child on the planet!

Here she is in an original outfit I am sure no one else owns. We ruined one of her new outfits while on the trampoline. My husband was spray painting our fence, ( because it got tagged grrrr) and the overspray landed on the trampoline without me noticing. So after we came inside, I took off the ruined outfit and sat her down to eat with a placemat, the next thing you know, she wants the placemat around her and tied on with a tape measure. It looks like we won't even need to worry about her running out of new outfits, we can start using the curtains next :)




Here she is with a new shirt she picked out...


9 comments:

  1. Poor baby!! I'm so sorry miss Faith has been so sick. I will be praying that she will be well enough to get the MRI behind you.
    BTW THANKS for ALL the wonderful words of encouragement you have sent my way. I have needed them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gavin had the sweat test for cystic fibrosis months ago. Came out negative, but had to check. He gets sick every 4 -6 weeks with Bronchiolitis. After several appointments to Childrens and various doctors, still not sure why. Think it's just due to having tracheomalacia, which he is to outgrow. I know how you feel about just wanting an answer and hoping for a well-child. Very frustrating. Take care and love the posts. Faith is very adorable and looks absolutely happy! love, Marylyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes me sad when she is not feeling well. I pray that the medication works and she stays well. She is so cute!!
    Love,
    MOM/Grandma S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to read Faith is sick again. I'll lift all of you up in prayer. She is simply adorable!!

    Keep the faith, God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will keep Ms.Faith and you all in our prayers:) We've been through the cystic fibrosis testing too with our middle son and it came back negative yet he does have asthma ~ he is also starting point gaurd on the high school basketball team and does wonderful with it:) One thing I teach to my nursing students is that it is normal for kiddos to get sick on average up to ten times a year while they are buidling their immune system. Faith is being exposed to all sorts of "new American germs" she is not used to so her little body may just be building up it's immune system to all our Western germs! Praying Faith is feeling better soon and for your family as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's hoping this round of medication works. Love the pictures with the "placemat" outfit...she certainly makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn,
    I'm so sorry Faith is sick. It's so hard when our little one's struggle. I will keep you, Faith and your family in my prayers.
    Jen
    Oh- and she really is the most beautiful little child so keep the pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. she is so cute, I hope this will all clear up and I think you guys are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Faith is such a cutie! I'm so sorry she has been so sick. The changes and adjustments are so hard on their own and having to deal with being sick is just so hard. Maggie was doing better for a couple of days but the morning we got home her fever was back and she is now on her fourth antibotic since we got her. For being so sick she has been pretty happy though. Amazing how these little ones adjust so quickly. Our prayers are with Faith and your family. I hope you get some good news soon.

    ReplyDelete