Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

~If~

If I had my child to raise all over again,I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I'd finger-paint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
I'd do more hugging and less tugging.
~Diane Loomans


~I see FIVE chickens Ma Ma!~

5 comments:

  1. Hello! I couldn't figure out how to reply to your comment, so I'm posting here. I read over your neice's blog, and there is clearly a difference. She did not abandon her child. She is still involved in Kayden's life, and clearly loves him very much. She shows remarkable maturity for an 18 year old, but I guess she'd have developed that through her experiences. I have a memory of a mother who pushed me out into the streets of Seoul as a helpless toddler, and it's hard for me to think of birthmothers out of that paradigm. Yes, I know they exist, but not for me. And my type of birthmother is one who gets all the cultural romanticization (is that a word?) and forgiveness. So perhaps I should have framed my words better. Thank you for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post -- it's all soooo true! I also love your new blog header! It's just adorable! You have such a great looking family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baby photos are a true treasure!!! I also LOVE your post ~ it is so very true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just can't get over how adorable Faith is! She is so darn cute! I LOVE the new photo in your header.

    ReplyDelete