Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New ~ OLD~ Pictures

Before we had Faith home, pictures were a treasure, something that connected us to her in a desperate way to somehow know her. Today after having her home for three months and loving her like we do, these pictures are a painful reminder of the time she was not ours. They remind me of her beginning, her abandonment,and her poor health and suffering. I actually don't like them. Is that wrong? These were found by the volunteer in her orphanage after cleaning out some files. I have a hard time looking at them and briefly did when they showed up in my inbox a few months ago. I almost forgot about them...until today. Today I ran across them and decided I should post them. She is my baby, the baby I never knew. Who is holding my baby anyway? I know that look in her two month old pictures...she doesn't feel well, I can tell. Did she have a tummy ache, need a diaper change, or perhaps she was hungry? Did she have an ear infection? I will never know. I do know she is a survivor, a strong little soul who defied her circumstances to not only survive...but thrive. I am so grateful for the volunteers who cared for her, and loved her when I could not. You can tell between her two month photos and her 8 month photo that she grew healthy. Looking at the later photo gives me some comfort.


~Faith at 2 months old~



~Faith at 8 months old~

5 comments:

  1. It would be so hard to look at these pictures. She was such a cute baby though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photos are a treasure! I know that they are hard to look at and think about, but they are something for Faith that many of our kids don't have. A link to when they were tiny babies.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kim, thanks for the post, yes they are a treasure, and we are lucky to have them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And just look at Faith now...thriving...happy...such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing change in those 6 months! As Maggie's birthday is getting closer it has been bringing up more thoughts about her birth and what her life started out like. Those pictures are priceless but I understand how hard they are too see.

    ReplyDelete