Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Entrepreneur Class Journal

I have entered a new semester and have been asked to create a blog to journal my thoughts.  As I went about creating a new blog...every blog name I came up with was already taken.  I spent about 20 minutes trying to create a new name.  At that point it became apparent that it was a waste of time, so I have decided to adapt my adoption blog and use if for my schooling purposes.
The questions I have to ask myself are what strengths do I have an an entrepreneur?  I have been self employed as a care giver in the past, I have also started up a small interior design business and a photography business in the past.  I have learned valuable lessons in each of these endeavors.  The first is that I know what my strengths are.  I am good with people, time management, budgets and I enjoy creating a finished product.  I am a finisher, I rarely start something without finishing.  Through these experiences I have also learned some of my weaknesses.  I have self esteem issues, it is hard for me to hear someone didn't like the way I processed a picture.  That is one of the reasons I got out of photography, because it was so subjective.  I also undervalued my time.  It was not cost effective for me to continue.  I am still trying to decide what I want out of my education and hope time will tell.

Some of the things I enjoyed learning about this week came from the videos.  President Hinckley's talk was inspiring.  His point that we are not genius,  and don't need to get all "A's" resounded with me.  He said that we simply need to do our best and that the Lord will open the Heavens to us.  That was a great comfort to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment