Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Week 1 Entrepreneur Class Journal

This week was jam packed full of insightful information.  I really could not read fast enough and I am sure I didn't absorb nearly enough.  I was inspired by a transcript I read from Randy Pausch's Last Lecture.  Randy helped invent Virtual Reality games and was an imagineer for Disney. The premise of these lectures were an exercise allowing the speaker to think about what they would say if it were indeed their last words.  The ironic twist is that it really was Randy's last lecture.  He was terminally ill with cancer and had months to live.  He was positive, and funny.  He told of all his dreams and how he accomplished so many of them.  I found a comprised version of his lecture and will post it here.  It is my hope to revisit this every time I feel discouraged.  His message resonated with me on so many levels.  He was a charismatic leader, but not necessarily the most scholarly or academic.  He originally did not get accepted into the college he wanted to attend, however he ended up graduating from, Carnegie Mellon.  An instructor made a phone call to get him an interview.  He taught about walls and how they keep most people out, except the ones that really want in.  Walls are there to challenge us, and make us better problem solvers.  I just love this concept.  

No comments:

Post a Comment