Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.

Friday, February 13, 2015

Journal Entry Week 5~



This week in reflecting upon the things that I am learning, I feel that I am gaining a better understanding of what it takes to be an entrepreneur.  I am starting to understand my own qualities and I am better understanding what qualities I need to develop to become an entrepreneur.  In listening to both the Steve Blank video and the Wences Cesare's video, I better understand that it is difficult to balance life/work.  If I do want to start up a company, (and I am not positive I do) I now understand the diligence I will need to make it a success.  I have also always considered my life experience to be an asset, however according to Mr. Cesare's…time is the most valuable asset.  This new revelation made me a little discouraged.  

I also really liked the talk by N. Eldon Tanner about success and what we gauge success by.  He used the quote from Plato which said: “The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is, of all things, the most shameful and vile.” This made me ponder on my own self-mastery.   I believe that we all have the Light of Christ, and with that gift comes feelings of joy but also of shame.  Those feelings are a blessing from our Heavenly Father.  They help us work towards self-mastery and worthy goals.  Understanding this, motivates me to want to do better, not just in spiritual things but in all things.  Choosing a worthy course and having the will power to achieve some of my goals has been a struggle in the past.  I am grateful for this talk and the simple way Elder Tanner explains why we need to stay on track with our goals.

In the future I am looking forward to finishing another semester, continuing to better understand the nature of business, and expanding my knowledge base. 

No comments:

Post a Comment