Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A day in the life of a Dossier...

Well I got some information on my Dossier. My question to them , " Does the agency have the ability to see where our paperwork is at in China?"

Here is the reply from our adoption agency.

"Yes, I can see when your file has moved through the process and the marker I use for that is to send out the travel information. On September 4, 2009 I sent you the travel information – please confirm you have this. I can see that your file was moved into department #2 on September 4, 2009. This simple means that your file is now in the department that issues the LCO (LOA) and the LOC can be issued anywhere from 1-3 months after this date.

I hope this information helps. Please confirm you have the email I sent on September 4. Please send in your travel sheet and let me know who is traveling so that we can begin the visa preparation process.

Yea...we are in department #2!!! Come on let us be the family that gets the LOA issued in 1 month. That would be on October 4th!!! HOPE-HOPE-HOPE!!

So I thought it would be fun to share some pictures of the Chinese Center of Adoption Affairs, and how they process dossiers.




Inside the Matching Room ( Our Dossier never made it here because we chose the special needs program...if couples want a healthy baby this is where the babies are matched to the adoptive families.)
Dossier files being sent from the review department.
The dossier review department
the beautiful halls of the CCAA
Nice picture of an adoptive mom and child.
The archive room
A translated Dossier...

2 comments: